Password:     
Register Help Member List Calendar View New Posts View Today's Posts Search

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Travis And Amy. Commando Competition.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Travis And Amy. Commando Competition.

Me and Travis, Currently both on around 4.0-4.1 Hit Ability have decided on a Gentlemanly 1 Ped bet. The bet? The first to unlock commando.

Commando Unlocks at 7.0 HA.

Just to let you know the magnitude of what needs to be done to unlock this from where we are, Travis estimated chipping in 70000PEDS of skills to unlock it. I have been busy in spreadsheets trying to also calculate the quickest way to get there, but myself i will need to increase my total skill by some 40000 to unlock it.

A rough estimation of when the bet will be won is around christmas, however thats a very agrressive traget.

At first 1 PED bet does not seem like enough. I thought of upping the stakes. I still am. However at the moment i am more than content with the glory of beating Travis. It will be the most enjoyable 100 shots in my MAnn MPH after i win Tongue.

Good Luck Travis, You'll need it.
2007-04-10 10:51 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Grounder Offline
Poor

Hello,

You have probably already thought of this but....

Most skill unlocks are based on an average of several skills. If you can identify the lesser used/gained skills and chip those it would increase your average and unlock at a lower main skill rating than others.

for example, IF commando was rifle, LWT, BWT, courage and Scan human (yes - i know it isn't) then if you chipped up scan human your average would go up. Also, since it would probably be low you would get more benefit from the chip.

Just a thought.

Grounder

Zen and the art of navigation:

When feeling lost or unsure of your way find someone who seems to know where they are going and follow them.

You will find that while you rarely get where you wanted to go, you almost always get where you needed to be.
2007-04-10 05:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Travis Apple Offline
Administrator

Another twist in this story is that I've already unlocked combat sense and wounding through melee (I have about 8.4 k LB). I've decided to skill in laser pistol and get to 7.0 this way. Could be MUCH tougher for me because I've already used my 'bump' from these 2 unlocked skills to get my current 4.1 HA in laser pistol. I have over 5k in each of them.

In response to grounder, yes, we know what % this will take and it mainly means that I'll be chipping some HG and LWT. Quite a bit actually. If you're interested, Wiki has some info on this in the skills and professions section. It gives a partial % for all component skills in the profession. HG = 38%

Travis Apple
Site Owner and Admin
2007-04-10 05:23 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Travis - You know if you unlock it on LB, the bet will not expire. You need 7.0 HA on a ranged weapon right?

Also - Wounding does not affect HA.

Combat Sense is not a massive disadvantage, i f i chip in 5k when i unlock it it will only give me 0.3 HA if my calculations are correct.
2007-04-10 05:42 PM
Travis Apple Offline
Administrator

lol... so the lawyer comes out huh? no, I won't be unlocking it with anything other than laser pistol

http://www.pe-wiki.info/Info.aspx?chart=Skill&id=96
Wiki does not say much on the topic of Combat Sense but I assure you it plays a significant part in your HA.

Travis Apple
Site Owner and Admin
2007-04-10 08:39 PM
Grounder Offline
Poor

This sounds like alot of good fun.

Keep us up to date on your stats and how you get them (chipping, massive hunts, etc.)

Grounder

When feeling lost or unsure of your way find someone who seems to know where they are going and follow them.

You will find that while you rarely get where you wanted to go, you almost always get where you needed to be.
2007-04-10 09:16 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

http://www.pe-wiki.info/Info.aspx?chart=Activity&id=33

It says this much, although by using their figures my HA is not consistent. Close but not perfect.
2007-04-10 09:33 PM
hottygurl Offline
Mediocre

Haha I gotta say good luck to both of you after all if it was just a contest from say, 5.0 to 6.0 that would be one thing but 4.0 to 7.0 is one long race Wink. Alert me in a year when you're close j/k. Either way I gotta say since I know Travis, i'm gonna be rooting for him! *gets on cheerleader uniform*
GOOOOO Travis!!!
2007-04-10 09:54 PM
Travis Apple Offline
Administrator

KittyAmy Wrote:http://www.pe-wiki.info/Info.aspx?chart=Activity&id=33

It says this much, although by using their figures my HA is not consistent. Close but not perfect.

ah Amy!! I had not seen this page before. nice. 6.2% then. I see your point.

Travis Apple
Site Owner and Admin
2007-04-10 10:24 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

maybe we should post a vote for who people think will win?
2007-04-10 10:45 PM
hottygurl Offline
Mediocre

I gotta place a good solid vote for Travis here Wink. Sorry Kitty. On the other hand I don't know how much time you spend in game and Travis often plays when I'm not online so I don't really know who achieves more in game time... Oh well. Maybe we could place bets on who we think will win later on once it gets down to the final 1.0 or so?
2007-04-11 12:09 AM
Kaiser Offline
Unskilled

Honestly I wish them both luck. In my opinion though this is the battle of the credit cards. What I mean y that is that chipping is allowed so whoever has the bigger bank roll wins LOL

[Image: sig_159.gif]
"And on the 8th day God created Kaiser Kaiser Soze and saw that he was good....NO in fact delicious!!"
2007-04-11 02:00 AM
hottygurl Offline
Mediocre

Haha...*Stares holes in Travis*...bankroll....heh... Then again it would be pretty damned pricey to chip that many skills up to get to commando there. $7000 usd to win a 1 ped prize bet anyone? Wink Don't really see the point. Then again I believe that commando sells for a pretty decent amount every few hundred skill levels built up.
2007-04-11 02:32 AM
Travis Apple Offline
Administrator

1 ped is, ofc, a token... a trophy to the effort this will take. If I were to win this thing I don't think I'd ever spend it but set it lightly on a shelf in my apt.

Travis Apple
Site Owner and Admin
2007-04-11 09:17 AM
Grounder Offline
Poor

Well I think I know Travis beter and he plays more times I do but....

Ilove rooting for the underdog and KittyAmy doesnt appear to have much support yet so...

Go KittyAmy Go

Grounder

2007-04-11 04:48 PM